It was 2041, and some Apes have spent a decade hanging out in their comfortable Yacht Club nestled in the heart of the digital Everglades.
Ape #1839, known to his friends and many admirers as Dionysus, learned about the legend of The Genesis Grape from an obscure message board. He pulled together a rag-tag group company of adventurers who set sail, embarking on an epic quest to find and restore this fabled vine.
Our intrepid simian seafarers braved untold dangers and suffered unimaginable hardships (including patchy wi-fi) before finding themselves washed up on the shores of an undiscovered continent. And this is where our real story begins, for it is was these mythical shores that witnessed the birth of the Bored Wine Company.
As Dionysus and his band explored, the land gradually revealed the crumbling remains of a fallen civilization. Among the ruins, a network of vineyards that had thrived untended, their ample fruit dancing danced invitingly in the light breeze.
Dionysus and his team got to work, knowing that these were the fabled Genesis Grapes, and they will produce sumptuous, investment-grade fine wine.
After months of toil, The Apes returned from the wilderness in a ship laden with cases of exceptional wine. They created the Bored Wine Company to bring the world of fine wine to the NFT Everglades.
This project is not affiliated with the Bored Ape Yacht Club, in any way, shape, or form. The Bored Wine Company was created and is operated by WiV Technology.
This NFT is a digital image backed by real physical wines stored in a bonded warehouse in London, UK. This NFT is representative of one case comprised of six bottles of wine.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: You can also receive a physical bottle of wine with your purchase. Global shipping complications mean that this wine is NOT the same make or year as the wines we store on your behalf at our bonded warehouse because it will need to be shipped by a third party. Depending on your global location and local shipping rules it could take up to two months to arrive following the purchase of your NFT.
We will endeavor to ensure that it will be infinitely quaffable though and will strive to get it to you as quickly as possible. See our FAQs for more information.
REMEMBER: If you don't fill in your postal address, (Section 2), we can't ship your 1 physical bottle to you.
You will be able to acquire your stored wines from the warehouse in the future. We are just working on the logistics and will update you as soon as we are clear on how to achieve this on a global scale.
The NFT also contains a wearable item (Work in Progress) that can be claimed by heading over to our Discord once you have purchased your wine. These wearables will be based on your NFT/wine bottle design so that you can show off to everyone in the metaverse.
The Bored Wine Company has been developed by the team behind WiV, a fast-growing blockchain-based trading platform for unique assets.
• Watched as the Bored Ape Yacht Club grew exponentially and realized we needed to find a way to offer these exceptional apes another store of value for their growing assets.
• Started plotting our Wine concept, initial designs mulled over a glass or 2 and decided this was a great idea.
• Launched the website for the Bored Wine Co. Social media channels activated (Twitter/Discord).
• The initial 5 members have given us permission to utilize their amazing Apes.
• Strategic partnerships building and shilling commences.
• We hope to have onboarded our first 42 Apes.
• This would be 1 barrel of wine, with its own vintage and provenance.
• When we hit 42 apes, we lock off the 1st Genesis barrel and prepare for barrel 2.
• We will hopefully have onboarded an additional weight of Apes who love a good tipple and a great store of value for their investments.
• We are releasing a very rare mutant vintage into the world.
• Bottling of the Genesis barrel commences.
• We will be dropping a Legendary Sandbox bottle to the holders of the Genesis NFTs.
• Expanded partnership development with key members of the community.
• Work on the 'Special Drop' begins.
• Santa’s coming to town with a special festive vintage for all.
• More to be announced when we've finished chatting to the elves.
• Generation 2 hits the shelves (updated design and a different wine).
• Our Sandbox kingdom will be unveiled to all and a special POAP hunt will begin in the land.
• We will be expanding our partnerships within the Sandbox and will create some very special portal opportunities.
• Generation 3 and 4 will be made available to the ape kingdom.
• Wine partnerships will emerge after Dionysus vets the appropriate parties and allow them access to the cellar keys.
• Coming soon!
• Dionysus, Tex, and Thompson have been drafting a master plan that is being transcribed from wine-infused monkey scribbles, into legible coherent sentences.
• There is mention of Vinyards, Georgian Special Editions, Yachts, and much more. We just need to decipher these ape hieroglyphs to determine the right path to follow.